Computing 4 Kids was asking us for solutions to easily sell their online learning resource videos to members online. We went through many options some easy some more involved.
- Have a collection of online learning resources they want to sell on subscription
- Videos which contain valuable lessons and top tips
- The objective is to allow paying members access to these videos, whilst taking a monthly fee for access
- They don't want to spend lots of money or spend a long time building a new platform, although they might in the future
If you want to sell videos to members (like on a membership basis) you have at at least two challenges to solve.
- Protecting and storing your videos
- Taking recurring payment on subscription
We highlighted that for some business you could go all out and build a complete system. Not everybody has time for that! Or, if like Vicky from Computing 4 Kids you might see the value in starting small. There's no need to commit yourself to building a large system using Wordpress or Video online platforms to get started.
Storing your videos & selling subscriptions to mebers
Here's how to do it.
Set your monthly membership fee, and add users which sign up to your services to your Dropbox/Tresorit storage via their email address. This is a simple efficient way to solve a seemly complicated challenge of managing subscribers, video access and payments.
Why do it this way?
Storage and recurring membership payments are two fundamentally different problems. Yes, you can build a bespoke solution or spend hours/weeks configuring Wordpress, but if you're just getting started or don't need the complexity of setting up large systems this is the perfect solution. InsightsBP also chooses this as a solution to their face-to-face consultancy sessions as they develop their video series of advice and Training related to business psychology.
- Use Subscribie to take recuring payments and accept members
- Add your customers to the relevant shared folder on Dropbox/Tresorit once they're a confirmed member